GovernUp is an independent, non-party research initiative that will offer evidenced-based solutions for all political parties to adopt.
We are working to:
- Produce a rigorous body of evidence to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the current system of government;
- Generate radical but workable solutions to the long-term challenges that require reforms;
- Shape public debate and build a new cross-party consensus on reform, based on the conclusions of our research.
We completed the first phase of this work before the general election of May 2015, holding a major conference to present our initial ideas in February 2015.
In a unique model, we are:
- Working collaboratively, not competitively, with think tanks that have expertise in this field, commissioning research, rather than undertaking it all ourselves;
- Using advisory panels of Parliamentarians and civil servants to act as reference groups for our work;
- Opening up our research programme from the start so as to involve interested parties.